- Who we are:
We are Enda Lewis & Company of An Crois, Allenwood, Co. Kildare W91 XK06. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our data protection representative is Enda Lewis.
Our data protection officer may be contacted by email at email@example.com.
- Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with
- We shall only process your personal data:
- In order to provide our services to you and perform any other obligations in accordance with our engagement with you;
- In order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests and those interests are not over ridden by the data subjects’ own privacy rights.
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
Where we process special categories of data relating to you, e.g. details of medical expenses that we may process in connection with completion of a tax return where we are acting on your behalf, our legal basis for processing will be that the processing is necessary for the completion of the work we are required to carry out for you.
There may also be limited circumstances where our legal basis for processing is your consent (where we have sought it and you have provided it to us), in which case you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Where we use sub-contractors to perform work for you we share data necessary to carry out such work with sub-contractors. Subcontractors we use for this purpose are very carefully selected and are bound be the same ethical guidelines including ethical guidelines relating to confidentiality as we comply with as members of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland. We may also send you emails through our email service provider. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services, and no other purpose.
We will retain this data as required to satisfy regulatory requirements; eg for tax return information for the current year and six previous periods.
- For our potential, current and past clients, we may process data:
- in order to market the services of our firm
- to provide you with accounting, taxation or business updates and information to which you have subscribed
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our accounting, taxation and business advisory services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our firm’s services. Where such processing is carried out, we always include an unsubscribe button in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
- Information received from third parties and the source of that data
- Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer data relating our accounting, taxation and business advisory services to a service provider] located in outside EEA. The safeguard we put in place for any such transfer is to enter into European Commission approved standard contractual clauses with the provider.
- Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
• right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
• right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
• right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
• right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
•. Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
- Requirement to process personal data
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot provide you with accounting, taxation and business advisory services.
- Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.